Atchison County Circuit court is seeking a permanent state court clerk position. The position involves advanced work using an electronic filing system in Atchison County in the Missouri State Court System and numerous other state programs. Clerks are responsible for operating court computers and courtroom equipment.
This position will begin as a county paid position until January 1, 2023 and then it will become a state position with state benefits.
Work involves responsibility for court case processing which may require the application of independent judgment and the application of statutes, policies and regulations, with minimal supervision. Work requires frequent interaction with the public providing exceptional customer service. Work involves financial record keeping within an automated case management system, providing direct support for the circuit judge and various associate circuit judges providing a full range of responsibilities within the jurisdiction.
Characteristic Duties (representative of the position, not comprehensive):
- Performs case processing in receiving and initiating case files; performs technical duties such as reviewing judgements, preparing warrants, summonses, garnishments and executions, bond settings and docket control.
- Perform accounting duties in receiving, disbursing monies, preparing daily and monthly financial reports.
- Disposition of cases and processing payments.
- Provide information and customer assistance in person, via telephone, email or other mediums (without giving legal advice) (i.e. pro se litigants, attorneys, reporters, law enforcement, other judicial agencies, co-workers, supervisors and judges)
- The position requires traveling to various trainings throughout Missouri, mainly Jefferson City, There are also online trainings available which will be required at various times.
- Confidentiality must be maintained at all times.
Applicant must be self motivated, possess proficient computer skills, be a proficient typist, be detail oriented, and be able to work independently.
This is a permanent position at 35 hours per week. Hours are Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm with a 1 hour lunch. Hourly pay rate is $16.03. Benefits will begin January 1, 2023 when position becomes a state position.
Minimum Qualifications: (Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted on a year for year basis provided a high school diploma or GED has been obtained.)
Associates Degree in a related field or at least 60 semester hours from an institution of higher learning ad one year of varied administrative experience performing a wide range of technical office duties.
Application Deadline: October 5, 2022 at 4:30 pm
Qualified candidates shall submit a cover letter and resume to:
Lorie K Hall, Circuit Clerk
PO Box 280, 400 S Washington St
Rock Port, MO 64482
Or email: Lorie.Hall@courts.mo.gov
|Job Category||Atchison County Circuil Court|