ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Work with members of the health care team to coordinate patient care services, including preparation of patients for examination or treatment, gathering of information including reason for visit and related patient information. Perform vital signs, height, weight, and screening procedures and document findings in the electronic health record (EHR).
2. Ensure accurate documentation is maintained, relay instructions to patients, schedule follow-up appointments, and help ensure timely patient flow.
3. Collect and/or assist providers in collection of specimens, as required, using appropriate protocols.
4. Adhere to infection control standards including, but not limited to, hand hygiene, use of PPE, isolation of patient with known infectious disease, and equipment disinfection/sterilization.
5. Assist with special procedures and examinations following appropriate protocols.
6. Maintain organization and cleanliness of examination rooms; stock assigned rooms/cupboards and ensure supplies are maintained.
7. Coordinate patient needs by communicating with various service providers throughout the clinic. Remain accountable for information provided via internal communication channels (email, unit meetings, EHR) by reading and responding in a timely manner.
8. Answer phone calls and respond to patient messages within set guidelines and timeframes.
9. Complete medication refills in accordance with clinic protocol.
10. Primary location will be Tarkio, but some travel to other clinics may be occasionally required.
Initiates and completes the admission process
Performs general office duties
Effectively manages telephone requests from patients, families, and staff
Serves as a Receptionist when needed
Maintains and performs all patient documentation in a timely, and factual manner
Performs Emergency treatment as required
Promotes and ensures patient safety in all aspects of responsibilities
All other duties as assigned
· High School Diploma or GED Equivalent, trade school graduate.
· LPN/Medical Assistant training preferred.
· Able to take vitals and record them into the Electronic Medical Record
· BLS required
· Electronic Medical Record technology preferred.
· Legible handwriting/printing.
· Typing required, previous clerical experience desirable.
· Good Telephone etiquette and communication skills.
· Dependable, responsible, courteous, and tactful.
· Dedication to maintaining confidentiality of all patient records.